At UnitingCare, we understand the challenges people face when confronted by conflict, and how distressing a breakdown of a relationship can be. UnitingCare Mediation Service can support you to manage your dispute, with the help of a compassionate mediator who will be caring and responsive to you.
We work with you to resolve a range of disputes, including:
- Family disputes
- Neighbour disputes
- Property disputes
- Financial disputes.
Our mediation sessions are conducted by experienced, highly skilled Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners, who will remain impartial and work with you to achieve sustainable outcomes through an efficient and cost-effective process.
Based on the Sunshine Coast, the UnitingCare Mediation Service is a fee-for-service program. You can choose to have sessions held in your home or at our office in Maroochydore.
As well as helping you with preventing or resolving conflicts, the Mediation Service can also assist with having difficult conversations, making decisions that protect the interests of all parties, and documenting your agreements and plans.
Depending on your particular situation, the Mediation Service can:
- Provide a forum for families to have difficult conversations, and resolve issues like residential care for older family members or family concerns around estate planning.
- Support families in resolving differences in ways that maintain, improve and restore their relationships.
- Enable families to develop communication strategies that allow them to successfully work together to make important decisions in the future.
- Allow families to create workable and mutually acceptable solutions to disputes.
- Enable people to connect and work constructively with other organisations on wider social issues.
- Avoid potentially costly and time-consuming litigation.
- Often provide a higher degree of satisfaction compared with a court/tribunal decision.
- Ensure respect for all involved parties’ dignity and rights.
Our holistic approach means we take the time to look at your whole situation. We see what other areas you may need help with and can connect you with a network of other community and social support services.
At UnitingCare, we are able to provide a unique mediation experience based on our long history of supporting individuals, families and communities to overcome adversity and improve their situation; to reconnect and rebuild.
For more than a century we’ve supported people to live better lives. We know the issues facing the community and we know what it takes to resolve them. Every day we’re engaging with people from all walks of life across all ages.
In particular, we’re dedicated to empowering older people, those living with a disability, people requiring health care in hospital or at home, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, children and families. Our experience is second to none, and has gained us a reputation as a caring and committed organisation – evidenced not only by our positive results, but also by the fact that we’re one of the largest health and community service providers in Australia.